I got an message from a fellow blogger on Monday, from thelittledabbler, http://thelittledabbler.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/i-was-nominated-for-a-liebster-award/, Ms. Libby Sawyer. She stated that she had nominated me for a Liebster award. I was amazed for many reasons.
1- I am really new to this blogging stuff
2- wish I could say my blog is creative, but it is mostly a written account of my “truth is stranger than fiction life”.
3-I am really not all that impressed with my blog, especially when I compare it to everyone else’s.
I sent her a note thanking her and promising to fulfill all the requirements of Liebsterdom the following evening. And then I had a brain fart. That lasted a week. I never did anything about it. Never even posted a blog this a whole week. I feel like a big fat promise breaker because I swore I would get right on this Monday night and I didn’t. I am a high strung, control freak, perfectionist and it is driving me crazy that I didn’t remember to do this sooner. So here goes. Keep in mind that I don’t know how to tag people in these posts, so I will continue to do my best, which is wrong, but still somehow works, in my own convoluted, half-assed, round about way.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. See my comment about my most lovable personality traits? That should count as one.
2. I thought I was so smart and married a guy that I thought was the polar opposite of my old boyfriend. But my best friend tells me that all they guys I dated are so similar, they should just have interchangeable heads.
3. I am the oldest of three children and I am my parent’s favorite. They don’t have to tell me, I just know it.
4. I prefer animals to people. Animals do not judge and they love unconditionally. Dogs are my favorite.
5. Right this very second, I am super pissed at my husband and for his sake, I better be asleep when he gets home or he is in DEEP doodoo
6. I love the smell of oranges but would prefer not to eat one.
7. I hate when people have that dirty hair smell. You know, the smell when someone hasn’t washed their hair in a week and they walk past you and the back-draft from them hits you in the face and you throw up in your mouth a little bit, Yeah, that one. I would rather smell shit then that smell
8. I am addicted to Ben and Jerry’s and Taco Bell Chalupas
9. I am very strict with my kids only because I want them to do far better then I did in this game called life.
10. I really love being a girl and would never want to be a boy
11. I think anyone should be able to marry, though I don’t understand why they would want to be. Haven’t the gays looked around and seen how blissfully happy all the straights are? It’s legalized slavery for God’s sake. ( I know I am in deep shit for this statement, but whatevs. that is the story of my life)
11 Questions from my Nominator
1.) How would you describe yourself? I am patient and loyal and have no tolerance for dishonesty or stupidity. I am petite, but vicious, like a Chihuahua.
2.) How would other people describe you? Everyone says I am nice or that I don’t like them. Both are true lol. Depends on who you ask
3.) What was your motivation to start blogging? I thought I was losing my mind and didn’t want to take it out on my family, so I started blogging. Now I am convinced I am losing my mind.
4.) When you’re not blogging, what do you do? Work, be a mom, play at the playground, try to fulfill my wifely duties in the biblical sense, watch mindless tv, go for walks, work, yell at my husband, read other people’s blogs and drink
5.) What’s the first childhood memory that you have? My grandfather put my whole ice cream cone in his mouth and ate 3/4 of it and just handed me back the pointy bottom. He told me it was the world’s smallest ice cream cone. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I loved him forever and always and I never, ever forgot that. He loved me for not crying and thinking it was a cool trick
6.) Would you like to hear Sean Connery try to say “worcestershire sauce”? Admit it. It would be interesting. he is a wife beater and I would kick his old crusty ass and then make him say it
7.) What kind of pets do you have? currently none, but I have had dogs, cats, ferrets, hedgehogs, frogs, hamsters, gerbils and fish
8.) How many cats does a person have to have to be considered a crazy cat lady? 4
9.) Have you ever seen the made-for-television movie series called Sharpe? Never
10.) What’s something you are feeling guilty about, right now? not writing this sooner, my eyelids are getting heavy. I might have to do this in two parts
11.) Can you guess the riddle? I wish I could but I suck at these too and then when I see the answer I always think “duh, that was so obvious, jackass, you should’ve guessed that”
I turn polar bears white and I will make you cry. I make guys have to pee and girls comb their hair. I make celebrities look stupid and normal people look like celebrities. I turn pancakes brown and make your champagne bubble. If you squeeze me, I’ll pop. If you look at me, you’ll pop.
This is my next stop. I have to go through all my blogging pals that I love and find people with less than 200 followers and I would also like to find people I haven’t nominated before. I am going to have to give this careful thought and considerable research and make a part 2 to this post.
Thank you Libby Sawyer. From the bottom of my heart, I am flattered and humbled.